What is Blueberry Web Template?
Blueberry Web Template (BBWT) is our framework for building secure bespoke web and cloud applications to best practice standards in an accelerated timeframe. Blueberry’s solutions are of course bespoke for each customer, but it makes sense to share a foundation that is needed for every application, thus not re-inventing the wheel within each project.
The framework includes a collection of pre-built modules, best programming practices and proven design styles that make it easier to create powerful and easy-to-use web applications.
The BBWT framework includes:
- Standard stylesheets and flexible menu system
- Strong, secure user authentication (including 2FA options)
- A comprehensive user permission management system
- Built in language localisation
- Customer and supplier portals
- Dynamic field validation
- Data import and export
- Document management and PDF generation
- Email templates
- Built-in support for problem reporting during testing
- A comprehensive set of coding and design guidelines for developers
With BBWT, we also provide a large library of application features that can be slotted into your software, such as:
- Email harvester and synchronisation
- SMS integration
- To Do lists and task management
- Sage and Xero accounts integration
- CRM functionality
- Audit logging
- Integration with Google, Bing, Amazon, eBay and many more APIs
…and much more!
Software development companies often put together their own platform or toolbox to save time when building new systems. However, if not handled correctly, these platforms can cause problems for customers for two main reasons:
- Some developers make their platforms very complex or proprietary, making it much harder (or impossible) to move the project to a new developer.
- In order to re-use the platform across multiple projects, the developer needs to retain copyright. But if the legal agreements are not structured in the right way, this can result in the customer not actually fully owning the completed system.
Blueberry’s platform avoids each of these problems; it’s written in a very straightforward way using open, widely available programming languages and components to avoid the risk of lock-in, and we provide complete source code for BBWT, plus a totally unlimited license to use it within your organisation (unlimited users, permanent, transferable, royalty free).
What’s the Technology?
Now in its third generation, BBWT 3.0 is based on established, best-of-breed open technologies – .NET Core, Angular 5 and a choice of SQL Server/Windows or MySQL/Linux. The latter database/server platform delivers a significant saving on hosting costs with no loss of performance. In addition, we also support the Aurora database on the Amazon cloud, which is a super-optimised and even higher performing database for that environment. A BBWT-based solution can also be hosted on any other cloud, such as Azure, or indeed on-premise.
Alongside Angular 5, we use PrimeNG to provide a rich library of user interface templates and controls.
Our technologies have been chosen because they are popular, proven and will not become obsolete. The more mainstream the technologies used, the better the support and the easier to find and onboard developers. This makes it as simple as possible if you wanted in the future to switch away from Blueberry for any reason or build your own programming team.
Our choice of technologies also provides confidence of security and scalability.
Finally, it’s proven. BBWT is the foundation for over 50 projects at Blueberry.
What are the Benefits of BBWT?
BBWT accelerates application delivery because we don’t have to start from scratch with each project – and we can use the time saved to keep development costs low or include additional features.
Keeping speed and momentum without losing quality, BBWT has been developed to speed up and improve the process of building a custom web application. It offers functionality, flexibility and security. It’s not a risk as the platform has been built to protect from obsolescence by using best-of-breed technologies for developing and coding. If you were to stop working with Blueberry, you can carry on using the platform with another developer without the risk of having to start again from square one.
In summary, BBWT helps to deliver a high-quality product with speed and accuracy, but without proprietary lock-in.
Engineius – Website Portal With Mobile App
See our Case Studies for more Examples.