Support and DevOps Analyst
Owned and managed by ex-developers, the company has a very wide technical skills base and an entrepreneurial culture. We value low-level technical expertise and a pragmatic approach – but still have a strong interest in new technologies and approaches.
Blueberry is looking to take on an experienced Support and DevOps Analyst with a genuine interest in technology or IT to provide hands-on support for our varied portfolio of customers using our bespoke software systems. The work is varied, technically challenging and includes work with various systems and technologies.
The successful candidate will have an excellent background within an IT / technical role and will be looking for a new opportunity to challenge themselves in learning new technologies, systems and processes.
- A 2:1 or better degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or a related subject. We will also consider applications from non-graduates.
- Hands-on exposure to a range of software technologies.
- Experience with using SQL and managing databases (e.g. SQL Server or MySQL).
- Ability to work personably with customers.
- Have a genuine interest in IT and new technologies.
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment.
- Good attention to detail.
- Flexible and hardworking.
- Ability to prioritise.
- A team player, with an efficient and proactive approach.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Logging of incoming support tickets.
- Allocation of support tickets to Project Managers / developers.
- Daily tracking of all outstanding tickets, ensuring work is progressing, all the internal systems are up to date and customers are updated according to SLA.
- Triage of support tickets; gain basic knowledge of all systems under support; fix simple problems (potentially learn Angular.js and c#.net).
- Set up and maintain Virtual Machines on Amazon AWS.
- Set up domains and SSL certificates.
- Miscellaneous technical tasks, as required.
We are working with many modern technologies including Angular JS, Angular 2/4/5, .NET, C#, DevExpress, Bootstrap, SQL Server etc. We develop on Windows, iOS and Android. We use Amazon AWS extensively.
This is a full time position. Work patterns are based around standard working weeks (Monday to Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm) with some room for flexibility as required.
Blueberry is committed to offering equal opportunities. We will pay no regard to race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age or marital status; and disability will be taken into account only insofar as it affects your ability to the job. If you have a disability, we will do our best to adapt premises and equipment to meet your needs, and to obtain help from any relevant government schemes.
How to Apply
Applicants for this position should send a current CV and covering letter to [email protected] Further stages of selection may include telephone and/or in-person interviews and tests.