Senior Project Manager at Blueberry Systems
Blueberry Systems Ltd is a highly technical, innovative and professional software development company. We design software systems for corporate clients and develop a range of software products which are sold worldwide online.
Owned and managed by ex-developers, the company has a very wide technical skills base and an entrepreneurial culture. We value low-level technical expertise and a pragmatic approach – but still have a strong interest in new technologies and approaches.
Blueberry is looking to take on an experienced Senior Project Manager to lead one or more programming teams on various software projects. The work is varied, customer facing and technically challenging.
- A 2:1 or better degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or a related subject.
- 5 years post-graduate experience of professional software development including C++, C# or JS languages and experience of SQL Server, MySQL or Postgres.
Blueberry’s project managers are expected to:
- Advise, liaise and negotiate with external customers about their requirements.
- Design and plan software implementation.
- Direct and review the work of the programming team
ensure the development team meets milestones and deadlines.
- Attend progress meetings with current and prospective clients across the UK.
- Write formal proposals for potential customers.
- Provide leadership and guidance to Project Managers and other junior members of staff.
The successful candidate will have considerable hands-on development experience, and will be able to work independently. Good verbal and written communication skills are essential.
We make use of many modern technologies including Angular JS, Kendo UI, Bootstrap, C#.NET, DevExpress, SQL Server etc. We develop predominately for the Web and Mobile, but still have some Desktop projects. On mobile we use Ionic, Xamarin and NativeScript. We are Microsoft Gold Partner, and Amazon Technical Partner. We are using AWS extensively on most projects – we’re currently exploring the new ‘serverless’ web architecture made possible by AWS Lambda.
We have an Agile-like approach, but work for many different customers, and need to adapt our development methodology to client needs.
This is a full time position. Work patterns are based around standard working weeks (Monday to Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm) with some room for flexibility as required. Please note that at manager level, overtime is expected during busy periods.
Blueberry is committed to offering equal opportunities. We will pay no regard to race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age or marital status; and disability will be taken into account only insofar as it affects your ability to the job. If you have a disability, we will do our best to adapt premises and equipment to meet your needs, and to obtain help from any relevant government schemes.
How to Apply
Applicants for this position should send a current CV and covering letter to [email protected] Further stages of selection may include telephone and/or in-person interviews and tests.