Blueberry Systems Ltd is a highly technical, innovative, and professional software development company. We design software systems for corporate clients and develop a range of software products which are sold worldwide across the Internet.
Owned and managed by ex-developers, the company has a very wide technical skills base and an entrepreneurial culture. We value low-level technical expertise and a pragmatic approach – but still have a strong interest in new technologies and approaches.
Blueberry is looking to take on a remote EU based DevOps Engineer with a genuine interest in technology or IT who will provide both development and systems administration support. This is a 2nd-line or 3rd-line support team role that may involve frequent switching between different projects and systems. The work is varied, technically challenging and includes work with various systems and technologies.
The successful candidate will have an excellent background within an IT / technical role and will be looking for a new opportunity to challenge themselves in learning new technologies, systems, and processes. Good verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Good English (both spoken and written) and EU Residency.
- A 2:1 or better degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or a related subject.
- We will also consider applications from non-graduates.
- Hands-on exposure to a range of software technologies.
- Experience with using SQL and managing databases (e.g. SQL Server or MySQL) (1 year + experience).
- GitLab /GitHub CI/CD Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment.
- Jenkins for deployment automation.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services.
- Administrator or equivalent (6 months + experience).
- Microsoft build and Widows Server administration.
- Coding skills for scripting, such as PowerShell.
Desirable (but not essential):
- Microsoft SQL Server administration and scripting.
- SVN Subversion source code control.
- Basic Linux server usage, notably Ubuntu with Bash scripting.
- Data obfuscation.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Configure services and IIS;
- Troubleshoot memory and storage issues;
- Backup and restore databases;
- Search for particular rows in a database, given only partial clues;
- Debug SQL queries including INNER JOIN, OUTER JOIN, GROUP BY etc.
- Understand the differences between different SQL Server editions and why we would pick a particular edition for a particular use case.
- Create servers from an AMI.
- Migrate an existing server between different sizes or services.
- Configure S3 storage and provide ability for secure large file transfer between customer and Blueberry.
- Route 53 DNS administration.
- Set up security groups, IAM authorisations and firewall.
We are working with many modern technologies including Angular 2/4/5, .NET, C#, DevExpress, Bootstrap, SQL Server etc. We develop on Windows, iOS and Android. We use Amazon AWS extensively.
Our company environment is informal but professional. The management structure is flat, there are no internal politics, and we strive to make our working environment as friendly and relaxed as possible.
This is a full time position. Work patterns are based around standard working weeks (Monday to Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm) with some room for flexibility as required.
Blueberry is committed to offering equal opportunities. We will pay no regard to race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age or marital status; and disability will be taken into account only insofar as it affects your ability to the job. If you have a disability, we will do our best to adapt premises and equipment to meet your needs, and to obtain help from any relevant government schemes.
How to Apply
Applicants for this position should send a current CV and covering letter to [email protected] Further stages of selection may include telephone and/or in-person interviews and tests.