Assistant Project Manager
We are looking for candidates who can show a personal and general interest in the IT industry. With a proven track record of being able to work independently and on their own initiative with a high standard of written communication and a methodological problem-solving skills.
- Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or a related subject. We will also consider applications from non-graduates, who wants to embark on a career in project management.
- You will need a technical mind, preferably with a reasonable general knowledge of I.T.
- Hands-on exposure to a range of software technologies.
- Demonstrable experience/aptitude for organising projects and resources.
- Ability to work personably with customers.
The Assistant Project Manager is expected to:
- Generally assist with managing projects.
- Work with customers to document requirements and create prototypes using prototyping tools.
- Attend meetings with customers to document requirements and discuss project progress.
- Liaise with our software developers via Skype and e-mail to provide tasks for them and resolve any queries they have.
- Manage project milestones and ensure invoices are issued.
- Assist with incoming support tickets from live customers under support (working with the Support Manager).
- Design and plan software implementation projects.
- Assist in reviewing the work of the programming team.
- Test software.
- Help to ensure the development team meets milestones and deadlines.
- Triage technical problems with systems as they arise.
This is a full time position. Work patterns are based around standard working weeks (Monday to Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm) with some room for flexibility as required.
Blueberry is committed to offering equal opportunities. We will pay no regard to race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age or marital status; and disability will be taken into account only insofar as it affects your ability to the job. If you have a disability, we will do our best to adapt premises and equipment to meet your needs, and to obtain help from any relevant government schemes.
How to Apply
Applicants for this position should send a current CV and covering letter to email@example.com. Further stages of selection may include telephone and/or in-person interviews and tests.
As ex-developers ourselves, we understand the problems that developers meet and are uniquely placed to help.